What are the best resources on LinkedIn for MBA students? In this post, the NUS MBA blog identifies 7 essential links for MBAs who want to grow their networks and enhance their job-search process.
As one of the world’s fastest-growing companies and social networks, the buzz about the LinkedIn platform can be intimidating. What is LinkedIn and what are the tricks of the trade for creating the best profile, identifying recruiters, and monitoring networks?
Topics we’ve pinned include:
- An introduction to the basics of the LinkedIn ecosystem
- A comprehensive guide to creating a living resume on LinkedIn
- 5 Ways to make your Linkedin profile irresistable
- How to use the advanced search function to find recruiters on LinkedIn
- Improve your security settings and discover 9 other little-known features on LinkedIn
- How to edit your public profile URL (to www.linkedin.com/in/yourname)
- 7 Tips for using LinkedIn’s in-mail function
- If you have the time, watch this video from the LinkedIn Speaker Series. In 13 minutes, LinkedIn Influencer Fred Kofman will change how you define a “job,” possibly forever.
- Thinking of a career jump or industry switch? Check out this LinkedIn function (still in beta) that allows you to identify the skills you need to move forward.