My winter vacation – Trip to Surabaya

Fumiyuki Kosugi talks about a trip to Surabaya, Indonesia during the NUS MBA vacation break, with a friendly MBA classmate playing host.

December is the winter vacations for NUS MBA students. Most of them go back to their home countries while some students stay in Singapore for their internship. For me, I traveled around three Southeast Asia countries – Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Indonesia (Jakarta and Surabaya) and Philippines (Manila).

I really enjoyed every one of my trips. However, of  all the trips, Surabaya (Indonesia’s second-largest city) was the most memorable one. Melinda, my classmate from the same intake, comes from Surabaya. She kindly showed me around her hometown during my stay.

I took a lot of pictures there and will show you some of them.

Meeting me at the airport 
NUS MBA vacation Surabaya

Hotel Majapahit Surabaya

Dinner at an Indonesian restaurant

Dessert Stall

Chinatown and Jembatan Merah

House of Smpoerna

Lunch at an Indonesian restaurant

Shopping

High Tea

Sending me off at the airport

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Melinda. I really appreciate everything she did for me during my stay at Surabaya. Although my MBA life at NUS has just passed one semester, I definitely believe that this trip will become one of the most unforgettable events even after I graduate from NUS. Thanks to her 🙂

Fumiyuki Kosugi (Japanese)
Full-Time MBA Student, Class of 2013